Revelation Health, located in Santa Rosa, CA specializes in carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel can be debilitating and life-altering. Our chiropractor, Dr. Brian Bartlett, and our trained, compassionate staff are committed to helping relieve your pain and give you back your life. You can count on us to be there for you!
- Signs of carpal tunnel start out gradually. It is caused by pressure being applied to the median nerve. There are several reasons it can begin. A broken wrist, arthritis, wrong/overuse of the hands, wrists and arms, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney failure, and thyroid disease are all situations that lead to carpal tunnel. Initial complaints include numbness, tingling in the fingers and wrist pain.
- Eventually, the numbness or tingling may be permanent. It may move up from the hand and wrist into the arm.
- If left untreated, patients will eventually have weakness in the hands and may become unable to drive without pain and/or numbness. Holding a phone or reading a book could become difficult. Picking up heavy items may prove to be impossible.
How We Treat Carpal Tunnel
- Because the compression of the median nerve is the direct problem with CTS, chiropractic adjustment often improves movement and relieves pain. This non-invasive treatment is a preferable choice over surgery or injections that often don't even work. Before you consider surgery, come see us for an evaluation.
- At Revelation Health, we will advise you on how to handle the conditions that might be creating the secondary CTS.
- An exercise plan will help to heal and keep your median nerve in order.
- Eating the right foods to avoid inflammation and swelling will be a part of the healing process. Dr. Bartlett will recommend a healthy, filling diet that will help with this.
- Work ergonomics play a part in pain and swelling from CTS. Using proper posture and healthy work ergonomics, your new-found pain-free life will continue.
- Dr. Bartlett will advise you on giving up or limiting activities that aggravate CTS. It may just be that you need to do these activities in a different way.